Sunday 23 December 2012

Breathless and bleary eyed

Began the incredibly steep walk to Laltibhur yesterday and by jimmenies it was worth it. I rounded the top off the hill and what I saw took my breath away and left me quite bleary eyed as I looked around. I just wish the photos I took could even come close to sharing what I saw.


I think a part of my emotional dam broke as I viewed this. There are moments in time that will stay with us forever and this was definitely one of them. Our world is a wonderful, wonderful place.

As I walked back I came across these signs, I thought them very apt



The next thing I came across was a van and a family of about 15 had the Indian music up and all dancing, I gave them a smile and wished them a good afternoon. Silly silly me, next I was drawn into the dancing and festivities, blushing as they took a bunch of photos while trying on my dance moves, I'm sure ill be on Facebook somewhere, hahaha. 

Today is a new day and Xmas eve, not sure what I'll do today, I think the cable car will be the go. Think tomorrow might be a little lonely, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and drinking coffee by myself... Maybe I'll plan a trek or something... Or perhaps return to that awe inspiring view, if my poor old knees can handle another walk like that ;)







1 comment:

  1. Oh Smithy you are such a world traveller now...I dont think anyone ever dressed so smartly btw after walking the himalayas. Merry Xmas now Voyager X b

    ReplyDelete