Friday 14 December 2012

A wet black dog wakeup

Woke this morning to Muslim prayer chants echoing across the valley. Jumped out of my chilly bed and opened the door to let some fresh air in, the room still smells like as moldy old sock. Jumped back into bed and started reading, I hear this creak and some footsteps, I didn't really pay much attention until I felt a wet nose, a soggy, wet, black dog thought he'd greet me a happy morning, funny bugger.

School starts with morning prayer and songs I was excited when there was even Jingle Bells in Hindi. Then there's role call, followed by calendar practice; rehearsing the day ie Friday and the month in English with sign language. Then there is vocational practice, today was the 3rd step in creating paper bags out of newspapers with home made clag, the frequent blackouts were bloody annoying. After this there is a few other exercises and lunch. After lunch my favourites - Sport, playing with a couple of half deflated volley balls and a basketball. Then music, lots of Bollywood moves, the music teacher is brilliant, seems hip and up to date and watching the kids do their Bollywood moves is funny. I have been dancing along but am pretty embarrassed as these kids have awesome rhythm and and can move their hands and swing there hips with the best of them.

After school has ended the day kids went home, Dave and I headed for a Chai and then came back and played with the kids 'til dark. By then Dahn our cook had dinner on the table, dhal, curry, rice and chapatti. Curry for lunch and dinner and my pee is starting to smell like caraway and cardamom, feeling pretty darn local now.

I have been helping Dave with a couple of projects tonight and tomorrow we're off the Carols by Candlelight for one of the teachers daughters.

So all is good and well, can't wait to load some photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment