Thursday 10 January 2013

Train times

It's 23:55, on the 1st class sleeper to Amritsar, I have just gotten up to have a cigarette in the train doorway and another slug of vodka to keep warm. I have succumbed... Wearing a pair of tracksuit pants over my jeans, two pairs of socks and two jackets to try and keep warm. The whole carriage stinks of strongly of stale piss and the occupants have no concept of keeping voices down so others can sleep. My sleeper has just one other person an old man with the good sense to have brought a blanket and beanie who snores with every breath and on the exhale too... I have been trying to sleep with my thin scarf to cover my face to keep the cold out and some light from my closed lids. If this is 1st, I'd hate to see 2nd, 3rd or the economy class. I guess this was the experience I had been looking for, I've said it once and I've said it a thousand times, Indians are effing mad!! 

In trying to work out what they are tossing with such incredible force through one door of the train to the other side I have realised it's post parcels. Why they are being thrown through I have yet to fathom, as all they are really doing is passing from one side of the tracks to the other.

Despite all this and the shaking with cold, I am smiling, where else would I experience such things and allow myself such unfashionable dress?!?!

1 comment:

  1. "Local Transport" can be an adventure in itself. Glad to hear that you are still smiling...

    ReplyDelete